As it is getting very close to Christmas now I thought it would be really fun to do a really Christmas themed book tag! So here it is!
1) Anticipation: The Christmas excitement is real, what book release(s) are you most anticipating?
There are two 2018 releases that I am very excited for! The first is ‘Miles Away from You’ by A. B. Rutledge and the other is ‘What If It’s Us’ by Becky Albertalli and Adam Silvera.
2) Christmas Songs & Carols: What book or author can you not help but sing its praises?
I think I will go for an author and it would have to be either Lauren Oliver or Maggie Stiefvater. For both of these I am yet to read a book that I have not enjoyed!
3) Gingerbread Houses: What book or series has wonderful world building?
One series I really enjoyed the world building in is the ‘Matched’ series by Ally Condie. I found the premise fascinating and thought it was handled very well.
4) A Christmas Carol: What is your favourite classic or one that you want to read?
A book I’ve been meaning to get to for years, which I believe is considered a classic, is ‘The Hobbit’ by J. R. R. Tolkein. It sounds fascinating to me and I have no idea why I haven’t read it yet. And for a classic I love, ‘Of Mice and Men’ by John Steinbeck.
5) Christmas Sweets: What book would you love to receive for Christmas?
A book I would love to receive, and hopefully am, is ‘This Heart a Doorway’ by Seanan McGuire as it feels very magical and atmospheric and perfect for a Winter read!
6) Candles in the Window: What book gives you that warm fuzzy feeling
Let It Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson and Lauren Myracle, and I am about to/am/just have re-read it as a buddy read! Just in time for Christmas
7) Christmas Trees & Decorations: What are some of your favorite book covers?
There are so many! But some favourites are ‘The Daughter and Smoke of Bone’ trilogy by Laini Taylor (UK Hardcover Editions), ‘Night Film’ by Marisha Pessl and ‘A Skinful of Shadows’ by Frances Hardinge.
8) Christmas Joy: What are some of your favorite things about Christmas and/or some of your favorite Christmas memories?
I absolutely love Christmas-time as it just brings so much happiness and everyone is excited! Plus when it snows everything looks so pretty and magical, and what is better than a holiday dedicated to sharing presents, spending time with family, and eating as much food as possible in one sitting!? And just to stay on theme, one of my favourite Christmas memories is actually to do with a book! And this is that many years ago I didn’t read at all, and my Mum gave me a book for Christmas which resulted in me becoming an avid reader ever since. This book was ‘Before I Fall’ by Lauren Oliver, and I have since been lucky enough to meet her and tell her this, but I am forever grateful that I was introduced to this book and grew to love reading like I do now!
This was so so much fun to do and has got me even more excited for Christmas! I hope you are all feeling equally excited for this magical time of year!
– Maddie Browse