Hi everyone! I am so sorry that I have been gone for so long, I have had an extremely busy and stressful few weeks, but I am now on holiday and so should be back to posting regularly!! And to kick off getting back to it, here is my very belated Wrap Up & TBR!
May was not a great reading month for me! The first few books I read took me almost 2 weeks each (compared to my usual 3-4 days) and then I managed to catch up a little towards the end but definitely not as much as I would like! I also DNFed a book which is extremely rare for me, but I am definitely planning to pick it back up in the coming months as I was enjoying it but I was just in a bit of a slump and couldn’t motivate myself to read that book at that time.
Here are the books I read this month:
- ‘White Rabit Red Wolf’ – Tom Pollock (REVIEW)
- ‘Zero’ – Marc Elsberg
- ‘A Thousand Perfect Notes’ – C.G. Drews (REVIEW)
- ‘Unite Me’ – Tahereh Mafi
- ‘Restore Me’ – Tahereh Mafi
So overall, not too bad, but definitely a lot less than what I was hoping!
Now that I am on holiday, I have a lot I want to read this month! First off, I am taking part in the month-long #BrowsingShelves readathon (which I am hosting over on my Instagram) and so have 5 books I want to read for that, and then I have a couple of other books I am super keen to get to!
For the readathon, there are 8 challenges, and although I am doubling up on some of them I should be able to complete all of the challenges. The theme of the readathon is ‘Travel and Journeys’ and these are the challenges for the readathon:
- Read over 1400 pages throughout the month.
- Read a book set in either the UK or the Netherlands
- Read a book that has a roadtrip
- Read a book about self-discovery or a personal journey
- Read a book which takes place in either the future of the past or includes time-travel
- Make a TBR jar of your top 10 TBR books and pick one, read that
- Read a book recommended to you by a friend
- Read a book where the title begins with a vowel!
So here is what I am reading for each one!
- This is just a general one so there isn’t a specific book
- ‘The Miniaturist’ – Jessie Burton
- ‘The Darkest Minds’ – Alexandra Bracken
- ‘History Is All You Left Me’ – Adam Silvera
- There are a few options for this one! Either ‘The Miniaturist’, ‘The Darkest Minds’ or ‘Illuminae’
- I will be posting this on my Instagram stories at some point in the month!
- ‘The Secret History’ – Donna Tart
- ‘Illuminae’ – Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
If I complete all of these I am extremely keen to read ‘Neverworld Wake’ by Marisha Pessl and ‘Furyborn’ by Clare Legrand! I’ve been looking forward to both of these and can’t wait to get to them!
So yet again, I am being wayyy too ambitious, but hopefully I will actually succeed this month!
– Maddie Browse